CALL FOR ART: Photographic Love Letters to the SF Food Scene.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 2/1/2013
- Love letters to the SF food scene.
- A photography group show.
- Artists will show 8-10 pieces in a cohesive set (with identical frames).
- Consider submitting your images of: foodie culture/scene, city scenes including popular restaurants, bartenders/cocktail culture, street truck world, cultural/ethnic eateries, farmer’s market images, outdoor dinner parties, chefs, food bloggers, notable fixtures, tailgate parties for local sports teams, urban dwellers chilling on stoops drinking coffee, kitchens, food activism, underground food scenes, instagrams of late night eateries..anything food-related that screams “that is sooooo San Francisco!”
- Bonus points for art with an urban, contemporary, edgy feel and work that portrays the diversity of San Francisco.
- Including: Black and White, Color, Sepia, print, digital, photo collage, photo-edited, instagram, hipstamatic, etc…
- Size: 4×4” through 11×14.”
- All work must be for sale.
VENUES / DATES
- A San Francisco gallery (TBA to artists whose work is selected.)
- Late Spring 2013 (TBA to artists whose work is selected.)
- Show will feature 5-6 artists.
- Femme Cartel promotes urban, contemporary fine art, especially by female or other under-represented artists.
- While the show will feature gallery-quality fine art, Femme Cartel welcomes first time artists, instagramers, and/or photo journalists.
RESPONSIBILITIES (if selected)
- Communicate in a timely manner with the curators.
- Deliver your art to venue (on designated date).
- Make time to speak to 1-2 journalists, should they want an interview about your work.
- Attend opening reception (likely a Friday night) in San Francisco.
- Pick up art after show (on designated date).
- Artists will be selected and notified by 3/1/2013.
To submit, e-mail the information below to the curators at femmecartelLOVESyou@gmail.com
PHOTO WEB SITE (Please direct us to your photos that fit the theme):
LOCATION of PHOTOS (Should be San Francisco—please note the neighborhood(s)):
HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THIS CALL FOR ART?: