SEEKING POSTER ART
for a Graphic Design Art Show by Femme Cartel
This Summer of 2016 Oakland art show will feature screen printing, silk screening, woodblock prints, illustration and general graphic designery in printed poster form. (For the show, you will need to print your piece at 11”x14”, plus, sell a set of exclusive prints.)
ABOUT THE CALL FOR ART
The show, organized by Oakland-based Femme Cartel, will be an inspired and conscious look at the current moment, through poster art focused on what’s going on locally in our city of Oakland, nearby in California and in the Bay Area, and nationally in the heat of the summer leading up to the U.S. presidential election. This group art show will focus on art/designs with political, uplifting and or fierce messages that are on making the world a better place for all, especially on the following themes:
- Femme/feminist issues,
- Race/cultural politics,
- Current social/political movements, and/or
- Life and change in today’s exact moment in Oakland’s history.
SUBMIT YOUR WORK ONLINE in TWO WAYS:
- If you have already created the piece, email an image of it to FemmeCartelLovesYou@gmail.com
- If you have an idea you’d like to propose, email a link to your online portfolio or social media presence that represents the work you would create PLUS a quick note telling the curators your intended theme (or text if you’ve gotten that far) and the type of media (i.e. screen print, adobe InDesign, silk screening, hand painted) you’d like to do for the show.
- APPLY TO BE IN THE SHOW: By 5/18/2016 at 6pm sharp.
- To keep the show cutting edge and relevant, all artists/designers are encouraged to make new, current work for this show. If you have something already created that you feel is current and is “poster art”, do submit it!
- FIND OUT: By the end of May 2016: Femme Cartel will notify all applicants.
WHERE WILL THIS ART SHOW TAKE PLACE?
- At the lady-run, super-fresh Naming Gallery, on 15th St in downtown Oakland.
HOW DO ART SALES WORK?
- Artist gets 50% of all work sold, including prints.
- Femme Cartel will sell work on behalf of the artists. (All work must be for sale.)
MORE ABOUT FEMME CARTEL
Femme Cartel(.com) curates gorgeous, provocative contemporary art shows, mostly in Oakland and San Francisco, by kickass artists and designers who happen to be female.